RSS

Two Pink Lines




On Sunday afternoon two little pink lines signaled that life as we know it is about to come to a screeching halt.
We had expected that the only significant change that would occur in out lives this year would be transition from tenant to homeowner.
However the universe seemed convinced that no matter how long it took us to drag all our furniture in. No matter how many scatter pillows, Pictures, gee- go’s and ornaments adorned these rooms our home is lacking.

Today I sit here and wait for the encasing sense of limbo to evaporate and leave behind some sense of reality.
Perhaps writing this would be easier if it didn’t feel like this is happening to someone ells.
The truth though is that no matter how surreal this feels it is happening to me.
Ladies and Gentlemen I am pregnant… hang on scrap that…. Eugene and I are pregnant (I read that the father should be actively involved in the process, make him feel relevant).

While the sheer state of sock that surrounds the matter has kept me from reacting to the matter in any way other that “this feels weird” I am convinced that pretty soon I will join the proud daddy to be in his unshakable belief that “this is great and we are going to be okay”.

In the mean time though I have a hurdle to cross in that I need to tell my own mommy and I am shitting myself.
My mom is of the belief that my involvement in pro-creation should only be considered after my 27th birthday. The fact that my career will suffer and we have just moved into a new house is not making this look any better.
I can only hope that mommy dearest will surprise me….
Prettie prettie please

0 comments: