RSS
At 18 weeks pregnant I have finally reached the end of my rapidly frying rope. This being said I think it is safe to assume that I have the worst timing in the history of human civilization.
After falling pregnant right after taking on a huge mortgage that we can barely afford, I chose now to start job hunting.
In my defense my desperation for a new job and more importantly a stable income is due to the fact that I cannot see myself or my beloved surviving parenthood and its financial strain when I’m earning peanuts.
I decided to give it a go and I posted my CV on a few portals. To my great surprise I received a fair few responses and started setting up interviews for today and tomorrow.
However I have been faced with the dilemma of when to tell.
Despite my constant bitching I can quite successfully hide my baby bump and after ready five hundred opinions on 6oo web sites I decided that I am not gonna let the cat out of the bag until someone either asks me an undodgeble question or offers me a job.
My first interview was with a recruitment agency in alberton who were doing a very general interview for a few positions one of which I am interviewing for tomorrow. I kept my mouth shut even though I felt terrible about it.
But I told myself that nobody wants to hire a preggie and Id rather they interview me based on my skill than the probability that im gonna drop a baby in their reception area.
The second interview however was not as easy. I really really wanted the job in this one. The offices are close to eugene’s the pay is brilliant and Ill be back into corporate sales.
But the recruiter asked that horrible question
“do you have any dependants” she said.
I was not going to blatantly lie to her because its going to come out and then I look horrible.
So I spilled my guts in the most sellable way possible and I now hope that my honestly is rewarded. If the employer does decide to see me Im at an immediate disadvantage.
But I want it so bad.
Tomorrow Im seeing another agency and a company and I can only hope that that goes well.
Im sorry that my writing is so horrid but the blog has very much become more a platform to make notes. I am hoping that someday I may be able to turn this into a book.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope the search goes well, for your sake and your little family!